Hello Bagel Lovers!
Lucy Bagels loves bagels so much, that when she’s not at the shop, she feels sad.
So, she decided to do something about it. Do you know that you can come to The Whole Bagel, and buy bagels straight from the oven, filling free?! It’s really true, and it’s wonderful news if you like baking … so here’s what Lucy Bagels got up to last weekend …
Let us introduce you to Bagel & Butter Pudding (happiness guaranteed!)
This recipe serves 4.
- 3 x plain bagels (you can get these straight from The Whole Bagel at 75p each or 6 for £3 or a baker’s dozen for £6)
- 50g butter
- 60g of dried fruit (this can be whatever you like, Lucy just used currants but you could use some candied peel too).
- 275ml milk
- 60ml double cream
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Set your oven to 180 degrees.
- Firstly, take your wonderful bagels and cut each horizontally twice (so for each bagel you will have a top, middle and bottom!) You then need to butter all 9 pieces on both sides.
- Put one layer of bagels into your baking tin and sprinkle with the dried fruit. Continue until you run out of bagels and fruit.
- Then mix the milk, cream, sugar and eggs in a jug.
- Pour this mixture over the bagels, then sprinkle with the grated nutmeg.
- Place in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until golden (and very delicious!)
Love, the Bagelers xxx